Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meals for the 9th July

Packed lunch....
I had packed Brent some left over soup & then found out he was going on a course - mm no time to change lunch plan so $10.00 from shopping budget - Brent & I are big kids & we make our frugal lifestyle a game (nb we are frugal by choice, we both like nice things & have hobbies so we choose what we want to spend our money on - brought lunches is not one of them!) And by us being frugal it is like I am out earning a part time wage - but I get to stay home BEAM!

Brent was shocked - it was $16.00 and a few cents for his lunch at a cafe - he said it was nice bar the price. - He had a fish cake with a poached egg on top, rocket, fancy mayo stuff 1/2 a tomato & a small tiny, wincy bottle of orange juice. - He prefers my packed lunches.

Dinner....
I only buy my meat when on special - we like nice cuts of meat & they do come on special, we have lamb off paddock & 1/4 a beef from friends home kill. This pack of $12.00 rump steak will do two dinners & two lunches.
I prepare them in the morning to get flavours though the meat - Brent doesn't like meaty taste if you know what I mean - so marinating the meat gets the meat to take on the spices & flavours.
Meal one was Beef curry recipe here

I'm not too good at taking a photo for you all - it's like dish up & go while it's hot.
I added purple cauli - not a good choice looked a bit blah in meal - we also had fresh mango which is a bit of a treat & jazzes up the meal. (we fight ver who is going to suck the pip)

Mairinating in casserolle dish is a beef casserolle for Friday nights dinner - easy all I have to do it turn it on - great meal for when busy - or excellent for crockpot (both of these will be nice in crockpot)

No comments: