Place in oven roasting dish tomatoes cut in half it's ok if they overlap.Add fresh herbs eg basil, thyme, oregano it doesn't mater which herb but just don't be stingy.
Add about 4-5 fat cloves of garlic.
Good ground of fresh pepper
Drizzle over olive oil.
Bake for a few hours on low heat - warning your house will smell YUMMY!

Once roasted push tomatoes & herbs through a sieve. (I used the tomato pulp to bake lamb chops in for dinner - added a yummy flavour to chops & then the chooks got the pulp.)
Pour roasted tomato juice into ice cube trays & freeze. Use in any dishes where tomato concentrate is needed.


1 comment:
Our tomato plants are planted (I think five of them) so I'll be ready to try this in a couple of months! You have such wonderful ideas here on your blog. Love 'em!
Post a Comment