Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Meals for 7th July

Packed lunches today were sandwiches with lettuce, ham, grated carrot, tomato & cheese, home baking & fruit.
Dinner was cornflake chicken
take a pack of chicken pieces - watch for these they come on special often. Clean out fat & guts. If no egg allergy roll the pieces in egg & milk then roll in crushed cornflakes. We have egg allergy & for safety issues I just miss out the egg step, - don't dry the chicken & the cornflakes stick ok - but not as well with being dipped in egg first.
Drizzle olive oil over the top & bake at mod oven until cooked.
Served with Roast Medley I used potatoes, kumera, onion, beetroot & parsnip
Served with fresh beans & brussel sprouts

Costing ummm
$10.99 2kg tegal chicken pieces (on sale) I used full 2kg pack but I have enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Living with allergies I usually have left overs for lunch. Members who are wheat free get first pickings.
Have no idea how much beans & brussel sprouts say $3.50 per pack =$7.00
3 potatoes, $1.00
1 kumera $1.00
2 carrots 40c
1 parsnip $1.00
1 onion 50c
beetroot free from garden
extras - garlic (was free from garden) olive oil, salt n pepper - herbs free from garden, cornflakes $2.00
approx costing $23.89

But again left overs for lunch. I like in season food & new season food is usually dearer - new small brussel sprouts are the best time to eat. And we love fresh beans (probably from overseas sigh) - could make it cheaper with different vegetables but well we like variety.

No comments: