Monday, November 24, 2008

Mrs Ross Lemon Squash



Juice & rind of 3 lemons.
1 Ibs sugar
1 oz epsom salts
1 oz tartaric acid
1/2 oz citric acid
2 pints boiling water.

Add water to all ingredients. Stir well until sugar has disolved
Cool. Then strain.
Bottle & keep in fridge.
Use 1 part lemon squash to 5 parts water.

Makes a lot of bottles

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

how tart is this?

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne,
Is this the type of drink where you just put a little of the squash in the drinking glass and add water? I've been given a whole lot of lemons and thinking of trying this out so I just wanted to check.
Rachel L

Leanne said...

Gill
Not too tart.

Rachel yes it is & will be good for the kids to drink too.

I also squeeze surplus lemons into ice cube trays, then place in containers when frozen for use in winter months for lemon drinks.

Love Leanne

MJ said...

I always wondered how the American kids made their lemonades for the garden stalls.

I wonder how well it would go down in Finland.