Monday, December 1, 2008

Moroccon Beef

Ok this recipe I use often & I put in whatever meat I have either lamb, chicken or beef. Last night it was beef & I was using up cubed beef left over from a meat pack. We do not like fat so I trim off all fat & the chicken go wild getting the trimmings.
I also very rarely brown my meat. I tend to just chuck it in the casserole dish or Crockpot.

This meal is brilliant to cook in Crockpot - but I got sidetracked with school work in the morning - so it ended up having to go in casserole dish in oven

As much meat as you wish - small amount works fine.
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons coriander
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
3/4 teaspoons chili
2 tablespoons honey
1 med packet of stock - use chicken if making moroccon chicken - use beef if using beef or lamb.
1 large onion diced
4 cloves garlic
Place all ingredients in pot - if using Crockpot place on automatic all day
If in casserole med heat for about 3 hours.

When near to serve check you may need more liquid so add about 1/4 cup water adjust to what it needs.
Add 1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup raisins
2 tins drained & washed chickpeas.
Fresh coriander to serve.
Serve on rice - with side dishes of lemons, olives & pitta bread.


No comments: