Saturday, July 18, 2009

Irish Stew

A cheap meal - I make a $12.oo of rump steak (shich was on special) do two nights meals -

2 large onions
500g beef or lamb (can use less or more) I cut all the fat off meat - we don't like fat so will be less than 500g once done this.
4 large potatoes cut in chunks
5 carrots sliced
3 ribs of celery
salt n pepper
a bay leaf
a sprinkling of mixed herbs (dried) or pop in some fresh herbs of parsley, thyme & sage.
Place all in a big stock pot & cover well with water.
Let it simmer on the stove top until veges tender & you are ready to serve (about 2 hours)

I serve it in soup bowls with a sprinkling of parsley
And served with home made poor mans bread - which I add in fresh herbs in the dough - to make herb poor mans bread.

1 comment:

Chaucey said...

That looks really yummy!
Somehow serving it in the special soup/stew bowls really makes it look much more appetising than in my everyday white bowls.