Making Hamburgers I wouldn't call an easy task for a beginner cook as there is a lot of timing to get just right so everything is hot. Looks easy but it is a real art to get it all hot. But if you are a beginner you have to start somewhere & I will give you some tips.

Allergy free hamburger - we use rice bread toasted, no egg or cheese. Another example of how I cook with allergies - I try to make all our meals the same but just adapt for the allergies. With sever allergies like ours, contamination is a big issue so I have separate pans & tools to cook James food with and he always gets dished up first. When kids were little this was an issue, it can be hard on the non allergic child to understand why the allergic child always is first.Ok to make your hamburgers.
Just make meat patties the same as the spaghetti & Meat balls but make them bigger.
While cooking prepare your filling
slice cheese (seperate plate if dealing with allergies)
chop mushrooms & onion slices
wash lettuce leaves
open tin of pineapple rings
get beetroot handy (tinned) all kiwi burgers have to have beetroot!!
Get out bacon slices - one per burger.
eggs for folks who want eggs.
Cut buns down middle & pop on a baking tray ready
Get toast ready that needs to be toasted.
I think the key to having hot hamburgers is get everything prepared & ready so you are then just quickly cooking.
Once the patties are nearly cooked - cook up the bacon - then the onion slices & mushrooms. Once patties, bacon, onions & mushrooms cooked transfer to a baking dish & keep warm in oven. Now put in your hamburger buns in oven while - I use same heat warm for buns, nothing worse than over heated buns.
Quickly cook pineapple rings - I use pan that James food had been in
Quickly fry eggs.
Toaster down for rice bread.
Get kids on assembly line butter buns, tomato sauce then layer up with cold food - lettuce, cheese, beetroot & then on with the hot - meat pattie, onion rings, mushrooms, bacon, pineapple rings, egg & top with sauce & bun top.
Try & get your jaws around that!
A very inexpensive meal - HEAPS cheaper & nicer than take aways - another of my meals the kids friends love & ask for when they come for dinner.
It does make a few dishes thats the only down fall - but thats what kids are for aye! GRIN


No comments:
Post a Comment