Friday, July 3, 2009

Farmers market

Trying to watch grocery spending - and being really unhappy with organic vege box delivery I've gone back o farmers market - there are organic stands there now too yippie!
Today I spent $40.00 and got the above. A few treats tamarillos, fresh beans, mandarins, apples, cabbage, parsnip, carrots, brussel sprouts, cauli, purple cauli, and my find of the day

Yacon. I was rather smug with myself that I brought some with sprouts on them - I hope to plant them in the garden. Propagation roots with growing points can be planted in a well-dug bed in early spring, near the time of the last expected frost. If you are wanting some yacon to try also you can buy it direct for planting from http://gazmik.co.nz/

Ok so week one's shopping bill is now at $155.06 stockpile plus $40.00 fruit & vege Total $195.06

No comments: