Monday, November 10, 2008

Roast Medley


Roast medley is a dish I make when I have not much in cupboard or odds n ends & not making a soup to use them up.

Basically I peel & cut up in small chunks any root vegetables I have.
Eg. Onions, pumpkin, parsnip, pumpkin, carrot, beetroot (real nice in this but not a must have), potatoes, kumera. Whole cloves of peeled garlic is nice too.

Then I toss in olive oil - don't make it greasy - but you need a bit so they will not stick to the pan. Plenty of salt n pepper & herbs - you can use what ever you like - eg mixed herbs, but I like to use fresh rosemary - about 2-3 sticks.

Bake in oven until cooked - about 2 hours on a med heat. Or if time is running short crank up the oven. OR if really short of time microwave cubed veges for 10 mins in microwave & then place in oven to crisp up.

I normally bake most things on med - this way I can add a batch of biscuits also in the oven

No comments: