
Cube your beef & trim off all the fat - I got a pack of cubed pork for $6.00 a little will go a long way.
Put with pork 1 Tablespoon soya sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 Tablespoons Chilli sauce - use tomato sauce if thats what you have.
Let this marinate for about 15 mins - I normally cut up my veges while waiting.
Add 4 Tablespoons of cornflour to pork.Raid the fridge & vege garden use what ever veges you can - normally not kumera, pumpkin, potatoes. But I used 1 onion, 4 cloves garlic, carrot, broad beans, spinach, asapragus as that's what I had - other suggestions are broccoli, cauli, cabbage,
Make a sauce - 1 Tablespoon vinegar, 2 Tablespoons sugar - I use brown sugar 3/4 cup water or if using pineapple - I use the juice & make up with water to 3/4 cup.
Fry pork pieces until golden - you can deep fry & they will go crispy - I shallow fried mine - just depends on my mood GRIN. Don't cook them all at once as you will loose heat - put aside.
Saute onions & garlic, add longer cooking veges eg carrots, gradually add other vegs & cook over a hot heat - a wok is a good tool, I only have a big stock pot which is what I use.
Add sauce, add pineapple pieces, pork pieces & heat through if needs thickening add 1 Tablespoon of cornflour mixed with t tablespoons of hot water & mix in. Lastly add spinach.
Serve with rice.

The veges & rice are filling & this recipe doesn't need a lot of meat.
To cook my rice.
I boil the jug - pour over rice & bring to boil then turn down - doesn't take that long.


1 comment:
Yum!
Post a Comment