My Basics for fridge are:
Fresh garlic - I don't do garlic in a jar & I try to only buy NZ garlic - not Chinese garlic as it has been sprayed - I do hope Greens policy gets in with mandatory labeling of food - Yea give your party vote to greens!!
Fresh ginger - but not a must - just nice
Butter - but freeze extra
Olivani - dairy substitute
Cheese - I only buy cheese on special & you can store it for quite a while, just check expiry date -
eggs
Milk
Bacon - often on special & can be frozen
Ham for lunch fillings
Sure bake yeast - I buy the biggest jar as use often & works out cheaper - but do watch expiry date
opened jams, preserves & sauces.
Beer & wine - I stock pile this too. I don't drink anymore - awww doesn't that sound like I'm an angel but sadly I get allergies from them pre menopause gives similar effects - foggy brain GRIN.
Fruit & veges - have you noticed how small fruit & vege bins are now????
We have begun getting a fruit & vege order from Chantal - I have found it cheaper & working well for us. Our garden will not feed us weekly the food from Chantal is organic & I like knowing my broccoli is not from China I do feel it is my right as a consumer to know where my food is grown & comes from - local Saturday markets are good - but they like supermarkets get a lot of their produce from Turners & Growers and again we have no knowledge of where our food is from as NZ power of bees do not think we need mandatory food labeling. This is a HUGE issue for our family with food allergies - we want to know.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hello Leanne
Decided to come over and look at your new blog - am so glad I did. You have a lot to offer - and read lol.
So I'll be back another day to read all he previous entries
Take care
Cathy
Hi Cathy
Thanks for stopping by.
I do talk a lot in real life - so I suppose my blog will have lots to read too BWG.
My family ask me if anything is wrong if I am not chattering away.
Love Leanne
Post a Comment