Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Food Budget

One area to help your family budget is food. It is one area you have to spend & one area you can cut back on.

A well stocked pantry, freezer & menu planning is the secret. I hear you say all well in good if you have a well stocked pantry. I'm asked often how do I get that!

Menu plan - (will do a separate post on this)

Price book (will also do a separate post on this)

Buy in bulk (again will do a separate post)

Changes are not going to happen over night & it will take planning. But like a budget - oh soo worth it.

Areas you can save in your food budget are stop eating out, stop takeaways, take a packed lunch & take packed snacks & drinks for kids too. A flask of coffee for mum. All that is required is forward planning.

No comments: