Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekly specials WE 29/3/09

I spent time yesterday making a new price book - my old one was looking rather well loved. Lots of crossings outs... It was actually a year old.

Price shopping has been one of the best things I do - by buying only when items on sale I have been able to keep to our food budget & still eat well.

Best Buys for this week are:
Woolworths

$11.97 kg Schnitzel
$6.50 2 packs of Dilma tea bags
$5.00 2 tins watties refill sauce
$3.59 3 pack baked beans
$11.99 Tegal size 22 chicken

New World
$13.99 Tui beer
$4.99 rolling medow cheese (500g)
$6.00 Ingham size 14 chicken
$1.99 bluebird mega chips
$4.29 Arataki honey
$7.99 Ryans bacon
$1.99 500g jam
$1.99 Asian curry paste
$3.50 2 tins pam salmon 85g
$1.19 Brunswick sardines
$1.99 Chilli sauce (great price)
$2.99 Brooks 100g salami
$1.99 knights castle 4 pack soap (great price!)
$3.99 8 pack purex
$5.99 2 L sunlight dishwash soap. (great price)

Pack n save
$5.98 880g Dairy maid cheese
$2.58 dairy maid butter (good price!)
$10.98 tegal size 24 (great price)
$1.68 1.5kg onions
$1.88 1.5kg carrots
$4.78 aussie green grapes
$2.68 13 rolls
$7.98 pork leg roast
$1.99 bluebird mega packs
$2.78 rice bubbles

I'd encourage to you price book shop too - it is powerful! And you can save many dollars by buying items you will use when they are on sale. Once you have built up a stockpile you will be shopping from your pantry not the supermarket.

Just grab a note book & begin - I have here on blog the way I do it but there is many different ways - just do what works for you.
Grab the flyer's go through them & write in your price book anything you would eat/buy - grab any old shopping receipts and record prices of each items purchased.

After awhile - won't take many weeks of keeping this record - you will spot good buys.
Live a few weeks on frugal budget meals - or out of the pantry - use the money you would of used on the weeks groceries to begin stockpiling - and buy only the must haves. Slowly you will build up a spare pantry of your bargain buys.

The supermarkets have hiked up prices by 8% I last read - it is a good feeling to beat them at their game.

No comments: