Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bacon n Egg Pie

Short crust ready rolled pastry 2 sheets-
1 Onion.
4 Rashes bacon

9 Eggs

1t Chives

1t Parsley

1T Milk

Pepper

Grease pie dish and place one sheet of pastry on the bottom.

Finly chop onion and bacon place in microwave for 2 minute.

Add bacon and onions to dish.
Crack eggs and place them scattered re picture.
Sprinkle on fresh parsley
good ground of pepper. Don't use salt as bacon is salty enough,


Place pastry on top & prick air holes with a fork.
Place your tablespoon of milk on top of the pie and brush with a pastry brush

Bake in a moderate oven until brown - about 20 mins.


Variation can be made with sausages too...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou! I've been thinking back to the bacon & egg pies from my NZ childhood with longing. I shall be making this when the weather warms up.

Elizabeth (luminesce at DTE)

Charlotte Scott said...

Cheers for checking out my blog. I've been reading your Good Life blog for a while but have never visited this one - Yum! The sausage version looks devine.

Laura said...

OH MY! This looks WONDERFUL!! I will have to give it a try.

Thank you for stopping by Our Scented Cottage and for enjoying my blog. :) Also, thank you for the award!

A wonderful week to you!
Laura

Meggie said...

Hi Leanne, I just read your comment on Ali's blog, re your FIL & the scones. There is no doubt about it, men just 'take the cake' don't they? How dare he criticise when he has never made scones!
I make a bacon & egg pie much the same as yours, but I beat the eggs with the bacon & onion, before adding to the dish. Everyone loves it.

Paula B said...

This sounds like an easy and delicious recipe.